Our pets are family and like beloved family members, deciding to make arrangements for them can be an incredibly difficult decision, but we hope that we can help ease some of the planning by providing you with all the information you need to help you and your family make the best decision for your faithful friend.
Below you will find pricing information, aftercare options, scheduling and appointment and payment options as well as learn a little about our compassionate and caring doctors who can also help you make this difficult decision.
Services and Pricing
$300* (In Fresno and Clovis areas)
The Home Visit Euthanasia fee includes the following:
- Sedation tailored to your pet's comfort level and condition
- Euthanasia medication
- All supplies to help your pet transition as peacefully as possible
- Keepsake pawprint memorial (if desired)
- Lock of fur (if desired)
- Certificate of Death (if desired)
- Courtesy notification to your veterinarian
*Please Note: Cremation fees are extra and depend on the type of cremation desired and the weight of the pet. Please refer to the Aftercare pricing below.
Aftercare Services & Pricing
Varies (see below)
If you choose to have your Peaceful Passing veterinarian handle your pet’s cremation, we will coordinate this service through the Four Creeks Pet Crematorium and provide transportation for your pet’s remains. The cost of cremation will simply be added to your Peaceful Passing appointment.
If you would like to know more information about options for aftercare, please click here.
|PRIVATE CREMATION - Ashes Returned to You|
|0 - 30 pounds||$250|
|31 - 60 pounds||$310|
|61 - 90 pounds||$370|
|91- 140 pounds||$420|
Please note - These prices have been marked up from costs charged by Four Creeks Pet Crematorium to accommodate transportation of your pet by your Peaceful Passing veterinarian. If you wish to make arrangements directly with Four Creeks Pet Crematorium, please call (559) 737-2532.
Choice of Urns|
For those who elect private cremation only
|COMMUNAL CREMATION - Ashes Not Returned to You|
|0 - 3 pounds||$55|
|4 - 30 pounds||$75|
|31 - 60 pounds||$95|
|61 - 90 pounds||$115|
|91- 140 pounds||$135|
|141 - 200 pounds||$175+|
Group cremation is an option for pet owners who do not want any ashes returned. The Four Creeks Pet Crematorium will cremate your pet along with other pets together and will scatter the mixed ashes on the Cemetery site. You may visit the site through arrangements made directly with Four Creeks Pet Crematorium.
Deceased Pet Pickup
If your pet has recently passed and you would like arrangements to have your pet respectfully transported to the to the Four Creeks Pet Crematorium for cremation, please see the following costs based on size:
DECEASED PET PICKUP FEES
If you are located outside our service area, please call to obtain an estimate for transportation of your pet.
*Please note, these transportation fees are in addition to cremation fees
- May be incurred for the following reasons:
|Extended Travel Fees:||$25-$100|
|All other travel areas at Dr's discretion:||$2.00/mile extra|
Local Area Pet Loss and Grief Support
The pain of loss can often feel overwhelming and trigger all sorts of painful and difficult emotions. While some people may not understand the depth of feeling you had for your pet, you should never feel guilty or ashamed about grieving for an animal friend. Here are a few resources that can help.
Below are some resources to help you or a loved one cope with the loss of a pet.
- The Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement (APLB) - is a nonprofit association of concerned volunteers who are knowledgeable about the tender subject of pet death and dedicated to helping people during this very special kind of bereavement. The website contains an extensive list of resources related to pet loss.
- Grief Resources offered by the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine include counseling for Seniors, recognizing symptoms, self care tips and mental health counseling. Find out more at https://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/client-support-counseling-services
- National Suicide Prevention Life Line: 800-273-8255
- Grief counselor: toll free at 855-PET-LOSS (855-738-5677) – fee based
- UC Davis offers grief consultations. Contact Client Support Counselor at 530-752-7341
For more information and resources on pet loss and grief support please click here.
- All major credit cards
- Personal Checks - We are sorry, but we no longer accept personal checks for payment
- Scratchpay, a third party payment plan service
- Most pet insurance accept Peaceful Passing services. Please let us know if you have any paperwork that needs to be completed.
*If you cannot find a veterinarian in your area, we sincerely apologize and are working to add more home euthanasia providers who can provide this valuable service to our families. Please check out the In Home Pet Euthanasia Directory for a list of veterinarians who may offer this service in your area.
The following are mobile veterinarians that service the Fresno area that also provide home euthanasia services. They are not affiliated with Peaceful Passing At-Home Pet Euthanasia.
- Dr. Sue House Calls — Open M–F, weekends by appointment. Please call or text Dr. Sue Lynch at (559) 241-4240
- NCC Pet Rescue – Please contact (text preferred) Dr. Jessica Palacios for Appointment at (559) 800-6088
- Dr. Patrick Smith Veterinary Housecalls — www.psdvm.com — M-W Only. Text preferred - Contact Dr. Patrick Smith at (559) 447-9644
- Valley Vet Services - Dr. Kayla McCrone. Please email or call/text her at ValleyVetServices@gmail.com or (559)942-1101. Based in South Valley in the Hanford/Lemoore/Visalia area.
24 Hour Emergency Vet Hopitals
If you have an emergency and our Peaceful Passing veterinarian is unable to help, please refer to the following 24 hour Emergency veterinary hospitals in Fresno.
- Fresno Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Clinic (FVSEC)
Phone: (559) 451-0800
Address: 6606 N. Blackstone Ave, Fresno CA 63710
- 24/7 Pet Vets (formerly VES)
Phone: (559) 486-0520
Address: 1707 N. Fresno Street, Fresno CA 93703
- Pet ER
Phone: (559) 437-3799
Address: 7375 N. Palm Bluffs Ave, Fresno CA 93711